Our Mission Statement
IMA Australia was formed in 2017 to act as a central federation for Medical Associations of Seven different states of Indian Medical Associations in Australia .
We are a body of Medical Professionals who are now proud to be living and working in Australia and have roots or training in the Indian Sub contiennt
Combining Doctors of Indian Origin in Australia we are a family of over 8000 Doctors and growing.
Indian Medical Association (HQ in New Delhi) and the IMA National President Dr K K Aggarwal (Padma Shri) vide letter dated 26 May 2017 and as per bye-laws of IMA 5B and Rule 7A ( vide letter attached ) has authorised the setting up of the overseas branch of the Indian Medical Association(IMA) in Australia.
IMA Australia is a Registered and Incorporated Association in Australia.
It is a non-profit Professional Organisation of Doctors.
1. Establish a forum for Health Professionals to be named as IMA Australia. This forum would interact either in meetings or on internet/social media with the aim to share expereinces and grow.
2. Provide a platform where ideas can be exchanged and views formulated
3. A support network for our members and their families in Australia and India
4. Represent IMA Australia in Exhibitions, State and Federal Organizations and liase with other Medical Associations
5. Provide an institution for guidance to International Medical Graduates
6. Participate in any community based activity
7. Publication of a Regular Newsletter
8. Liase with Organizations to provide CPD and in Practice Medical Education
Dr. Vagish Singh
Singh has been a President of the original India Club of Qld., a foundation member of GOMA and AADA and also the ESC and other international bodies.
He consults at the Wesley and Sunnybank Hospitals and does invasive coronary angiography as well as CT angiography. He is involved in stress echocardiography and myocardial perfusion imaging. He implants Pacemakers, Defibrillators, and CRT devices for heart failure.
Dr. Vidya Gupta
Dr Vidya Gupta has a wide experience having worked in different hospitals in Australia, She is trained Fellow from Royal college of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist of Australia and New Zealand.
During her training in Australia Dr Gupta has worked in different hospitals both regional and tertiary hospital in Queensland including Nambour, Caboolture ,Gold Coast, Redlands and Mater Mother’s Hospital.
Dr. Cyril Fernandez
Dr Fernandez has previously served as the secretary for the IMA (India) - Cochin Branch.
MBBS (1980-86) Batch from Kottayam Medical College,Kerala State,INDIA
IMA(Indian Medical Association) Cochin Branch Secretary(1990-93)
Life Member of IMA (Indian Medical Association)
FRACGP(Fellow of The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
Member of AMA(Australian Medical Association)
Member of American Medical Society of Vienna(Austria)
Academic Title Holder ( Senior Lecturer)- University of Queensland
ECT(External Clinical Trainer) Visitor for GPTQ( General Practice Training Queensland)